The Tommy Fund for Childhood Cancer | Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven | 20 York St. | New Haven, CT 06510 | 1.800.974.5559 | email@example.com
What We Do
• We are an all-volunteer organization raising funds for patient families since 1953.
• We pledged $1 million to fund The Tommy Fund Pediatric Hematology Oncology Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven.
• We are raising funds for a new palliative care program.
• We provided seed money for the HEROS (Health, Education, Reasearch and Outcomes Survivors) clinic in 2003 and continue ongoing support.
• We support families whose children are undergoing cancer treatment at The Tommy Fund for Childhood Cancer clinic located on the seventh floor of Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven by providing direct payment for rent, mortgage and utility bills, so that parents can take time off from work to tend to their child.
The Tommy Fund for Childhood Cancer acts as a helping hand to the pediatric oncology section of the department of pediatrics at the Yale School of Medicine and the Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven. Pediatric oncology social workers tell families about the resources available from The Tommy Fund. The clinic sees several hundred newly-diagnosed children each year and treats more children with cancer than any other hospital in Connecticut.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Peter Parente, President
Denise Carr, RN
Jennifer Cohen, LCSW
Gary Kupfer, MD
Marisol Lassalle, LCSW